Monday, November 9, 2015

More reflections through the eyes of a tekoteko.

He Tekoteko Ahau   Na Zion.

I was standing on the big red shiny steel roof and I was there for about 126 years straight without moving at all. There were a lot of funerals over that time down there at the marae. There were about 100 sad funerals down there and also a lot of people played.

Details about me (tekoteko)
I had big, shiny, paua eyes and they were as big as mini pizzas. I was as tall as 2 metres and I was looking at everyone doing their jobs and working hard. I saw some people coming and they were trying to attack the marae and they were coming with big harpoons and all of that stuff. They were arriving there soon and then finally they got to where I was standing and they kept coming at the people of mine.  Then they went for me and I felt frightened. They killed me using a harpoon, it knocked me off the house and broke me into pieces. I fell backwards and fell off the roof, so they had to make another one like me. After that they all wanted the original tekoteko fixed and they started arguing and arguing.

So they recovered me, fixed me up  and then I was all good again. But then they went to come again and the people of my marae had a trap set for them.  So the people came and they all died except for one person and he was the chief of everyone in his iwi.

He was a nasty person and he didn’t like the people of my marae and then he killed heaps of people. He killed 56 people and then he got killed at the end of the battle.

The people of my marae were happy again and and lived happily ever after.




I AM A TEKOTEKO Na James
I am the tekoteko on a marae in Kaikoura on a hill. I could see a war coming I wanted to warn the people on the marae but I couldn't talk. 130 years after these kids were on this land I was scared they were going burn the marae but now they sleep in it.

So I look at the sparkling sea and the kids build their massive tree houses. They were on the rope swings. I hear  a good song being played on the piano and the kids roasted marshmallows  on a long sick , it looked yummy. There were also heaps of paua that the kids found.  They played spotlight in the dark it was so good seeing the kids having fun.  When they went to beach I was sad because I was lonely. It made me remember about a time 125 years ago when there was a big bush fire the fames were really big I thought I was going to die but something happened. I was saved the flames didn’t reach me.   

Tamariki Playing.Na Mikaere

I am a tekoteko staring at the snowy mountains and I see big trees and lots of people.  Some of the people are climbing on the trees and lots of kids are playing games like touch and football.  Some people are eating some hotdogs and hamburgers while some kids were jumping on the little trampoline. It looks like it’s fun. I wish I could be down there playing too.

Tekoteko on Hohepa. Na Ashton.

I see some kids building a treehouse and I hear the
piano playing. When it was dark I saw the kids
roasting marshmallows over the fire they looked
yummy. I saw them leave in vans.
             

2 comments:

  1. Aue! Pāia tamariki mā. Absolutely beautiful writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed your descriptive and creative writing. It brings back vivid memories of the great time we had there 2 weeks ago. Imagine what stories Tekoteko could tell if he was able to talk!

    ReplyDelete



Featured Post

Ruma 3 2019 Who are we?

Kia ora koutou, nau mai haere mai ki tēnei rangitaki. Who are we?  This year we have got an amazing class of 26 akonga and an fa...